Keto Dessert Pizza
Looking for a guilt-free dessert option that won’t derail your keto diet? Look no further than keto dessert pizza! This delicious treat combines the flavors you love with the low-carb, high-fat principles of the ketogenic diet. It’s the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals.
Made with a gluten-free almond flour crust and topped with sugar-free chocolate sauce, fresh berries, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut, this keto dessert pizza is both indulgent and nutritious. The crust provides a satisfying crunch while the toppings add bursts of flavor. Plus, it’s so easy to customize according to your preferences – add some nuts or drizzle on a bit of natural peanut butter for an extra dose of richness.
Whether you’re following a strict keto lifestyle or simply looking for healthier alternatives to traditional desserts, keto dessert pizza is sure to become your go-to treat. With its combination of wholesome ingredients and heavenly taste, it’s hard to believe that something so delicious can be part of a healthy eating plan. So why not give it a try and discover just how delightful guilt-free indulgence can be?
How to Make Keto Dessert Pizza
- Preheat the oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). This will ensure that your pizza bakes evenly.
- Prepare the crust: In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of almond flour, 1/4 cup of coconut flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, beat together 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil, and 2 tablespoons of granulated erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener. Gradually add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
- Shape the dough: Transfer the dough onto a lined baking sheet and use your hands or a rolling pin to shape it into a round pizza crust about ¼ inch thick. You can also make mini individual pizzas if desired.
- Bake the crust: Place the crust in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cooling time: Allow the crust to cool completely before adding any toppings. This will prevent them from melting or becoming too runny.
- Choose your toppings: Now comes the fun part – choosing your favorite keto-friendly dessert toppings! Some delicious options include sugar-free chocolate chips, sliced strawberries or raspberries, shredded coconut flakes, chopped nuts like almonds or pecans, and drizzles of sugar-free caramel sauce.
- Assemble your dessert pizza: Spread a thin layer of sugar-free cream cheese or whipped cream on top of the cooled crust as a base layer. Then sprinkle on your desired toppings, making sure to distribute them evenly.
- Optional step: For an extra touch of sweetness, you can sprinkle a small amount of powdered erythritol or cinnamon on top of your dessert pizza.
- Serve and enjoy: Slice the pizza into wedges and serve it immediately. It’s best enjoyed fresh, but any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Making a keto dessert pizza is a creative and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth while sticking to your low-carb lifestyle. So go ahead and experiment with different flavors and toppings to create your own mouthwatering masterpiece!